Thursday, October 16, 2008

26 WEEKS!

Well, I have made it to 26 weeks! That means we have less than 100 days left until the arrival of Baby B. He/she has been growing so much over the past two weeks! I can't wait until our next doctors appointment. I am still on bed rest and will be for several more weeks. I am anxious to see if bed rest has stopped the shortening on my cervix. I have good days and bad days, but more good than bad. I take everyday that baby B stays in my belly as a blessing. I know baby B is growing stronger everyday. The next big milestone we are trying to reach is 28 weeks. The survival rate for a pre-term baby goes up much higher and the development of the baby changes quite dramatically! I am still trying to work hard on school projects as much as I can with the help of my great professors at Doane. We are still looking at a degree completion date of December 2008. Please keep us in your prayers as we work through the challenges that are handed to us. I have actually started to take bed rest as a belssing as I realize I never spent time to enjoy my pregnancy before I was forced to. Now I can really bond with the baby, read to it, sing to it (I am sure that is the babies favorite part of the day! HA!). I have also been enjoying all the movement that has been happeing in my belly. It gets more pronounced and harder each day. I have caught a few of the kicks on tape which has been exciting for Gabe so he can share in the excitement. I am trying to stay positive as we move through the next several crutial weeks. I welcome anyone visitors to stop by as the days can get pretty long and lonely on the couch. :) I will try to have Gabe take some good belly pictures tonight so you can see just how big I am getting!

No comments: