Monday, February 9, 2009

My sick little boy :(

Rogan has been battling a cold for about a week now. He has also had a gassy tummy and to top it all off an eye infection. POOR BABY!!! He hasn't been sleeping much at night and that has been a tad trying for both mommy and daddy, but just one quick smile during a 4am feeding and my heart melts all over again. Being a mom is the most amazing feeling in the world. Gabe made a comment last night that pretty much summed up how we feel. He said "I never thought something so tiny could hold so much of my heart. I just love him more than I ever thought I could." It is so true! He is such a good baby! Finally last night I think we had a breakthrough! His eye has begun to clear up from me putting breast milk in it. (I know it sounds crazy, but it works!) He actually slept for 3-4 hour increments, which was AMAZING! I feel refreshed and ready to handle the world again. We have abig week this week. We had Rogan's newborn pictures yesterday, tomorrow we have his 3 week appointment (with shots! YUCK!) then on Thursday we are going to meet our new daycare provider after our last one backed out on us when I was 40 weeks pregnant. Thank goodness because I LOVE our new one. Just a blessing in disguise! I can't wait to see how much Roe has grown in the past two weeks. He seems so much longer and heavier! I will get some pictures uploaded soon! he is changing so much everyday, but I haven't been doing a great job of taking pictures because we have been busy trying to get healthy again.

No comments: