Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Grandpa



My Grandpa Vernon Stelling passed away Tuesday morning. He was a very special guy and will always hold a very special place in the hearts on anyone he ever met. My sister Emily, her son Elijah and I were lucky enough to spend the day with him Sunday. He made a video for Baby Buresh in case he wasn't here to meet him/her. I know now we will forever cherish that video. I have also added a couple of my favorite pictures from some of our many fishing trips together. His absence has left a big hole in our hearts and he will be greatly missed. I ask that your prayers are with him and our family during this difficult time.

**Services will be held this Saturday at 10:00am at St. Peter Lutheran Church in Deshler, NE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam,
I know how special your relationship was with your grandfather. I am so very sad for your loss. I'm really glad to hear that he made a video for the baby. That video will be priceless. You and the baby will cherish it forever. You are in our hearts during this difficult time. I'm sending big (((HUGS))) your way.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam,
I know how special your relationship was with your grandfather. I am so very sad for your loss. I'm really glad to hear that he made a video for the baby. That video will be priceless. You and the baby will cherish it forever. You are in our hearts during this difficult time. I'm sending big (((HUGS))) your way.

Jared, Julie, Reef & Ayrton Rohrs said...

It's so sad when a loved one passes before they get to meet their new great grandchild. My grandfather also passed away just a few short months before Reef was born, so I know what you went through! I like to think of it as one life is taken away and another is given.